Profile and Professional Portfolio
Professional and business oriented systems technician specializing in desktop support over a wide range of situations. Ambitious and always willing to learn more about technology. Work history areas include customer service, management, team projects, individual focuses, advising, mentoring, professional development, and skill building. A lifetime of technical pursuits has included software development, electrical engineering, and mechanical manufacturing, all types of technological repairs and services, and computer networking. Business pursuits include a minor in business with a concentration in management and a sole proprietorship focusing on technology repairs.
Visit my LinkedIn Profile Here
- IT security best practices
- Desktop and laptop repair
- Internet setup and repair
- Network administration
- Cisco IOS administration
- Remote access technology
- MS Office Suite
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Mac OS
- Active Directory
- A+ Certified
- IT asset management
- Understanding of: C, C++, Java, JS, PHP, HTML, CSS, Assembly
- SolidWorks proficiency
- Big Data analysis
- Interpersonal communication
- Working with shifting priorities
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem Solving
- b Work Ethic
- Critical Thinking
- Handling Pressure
Peer Mentor 04/2016 to Current
San Jose State University - College of Engineering Student Success Center — San Jose, CA
- Advised and mentored undergraduate engineering students regarding general education.
- Managed day-to-day tasks in the advising center.
- Answered phone and email questions as well as drop-in student questions.
- Handled confidential student records in accordance to FERPA regulations
- Assisted with policy and procedure making within the College of Engineering.
Student Assistant 08/2015 to Current
San Jose State University - Introduction to Engineering Courses — San Jose, CA
- Provided instructional support to laboratory professors.
- Answered student questions regarding assignments and lab activities.
- Presented adjunct lectures on specific engineering topics such as soldering and SolidWorks.
- Demonstrated electrical, mechanical, and software principles and techniques.
- Maintained and repaired lab equipment on a routine basis.
Owner and Operator 01/2008 to Current
Tony Jaconette Technology Services — Santa Barbara, CA
- Maintained client base of over 50 customers.
- Responded to emergencies while on call.
- Provided volunteer services to low income or other shelter organizations (Transition House).
- Supported home and business customers with workstations, servers, and other technology.
- Resolved issues with computer hardware, software, printing, installation, email, and operating system.
Powertrain Engineer 08/2015 to 07/2016
Spartan Racing Electric – San Jose State University Formula SAE — San Jose, CA
- Part of a fifteen-member team focused on designing and manufacturing an electric race vehicle.
- Member of SAE International competing in a high profile intercollegiate competition.
- Focused on vehicle charging electrical design and 3D printing of components.
- Worked on entirety of vehicle powertrain system including motor, batteries, high voltage, safety, and UI/X.
- Learned critical skills for time management and group interactions.
Bachelor of Science Expected May 2017
San Jose State University - San Jose, CA
Major in Industrial Technology, Computers, Electronics, and Network Technology
Minor in Business
Associate of Science 2014
Santa Barbara City College - Santa Barbara, CA
Major in Computer Network Engineering and Electronics
Letters of Recommendation and References Available